Text messaging has become prevalent in today’s marketing industry. Due to its speed and convenience, text messaging is now used for communication between businesses and customers – it makes customer-to-business relationships easier. So, if you are not yet utilizing the potential of message texting, you might lose out on more revenue.
Businesses that use landlines are not exempted from enabling their phone lines for text. If your business does not use a text enabled landline phone capable of receiving text messages, you may lose your chances of converting more leads.
The procedure of making your landline text-enabled is easy, and that’s what this article will discuss. This article will state the step-by-step guideline on how you can receive a text with a landline.
But before we go into details, let’s first refresh your mind by defining some significant terms.
What is a Landline?
Landlines are normal telephone lines that use real cables to convey signals, and these cables are either suspended from poles or buried. Generally, landlines depend on wired connections to function.
What are Landline Numbers?
Landline numbers are conventional local phone numbers that usually have 10 digits and rely on real cables to support voice calls. Landline numbers are not the same as mobile cell phone numbers, and it’s because mobile cell phone numbers emit radio frequencies and also have a voice call internet connection.
Further reading: What is a Landline Number?
Steps On How To Receive A Text Message On A Landline
If you want to receive a text message through your landline, do the following:
- Contact a business texting service that can read out texts in the form of voice messages.
- Whenever a customer sends a text message to you, the carrier or phone company verifies your landline text service by searching for your details.
- Once found, the carrier will use a female voice to capture the text message details.
- The texting service will dial your landline number.
- Once you pick it, the text message will be read out loud in the form of a voice message to your hearing.
Benefits Of Your Business Receiving Text Messages On Your Landline
There are a lot of reasons why you should consider text-enabling your landline number. These reasons are some of the reasons:
- You can easily boost sales when you allow text messaging on the number connected to your business.
- It is a practical and easier approach through which your customers (both old and prospective customers) can get in touch with you.
- Allow customers to patronize your business.
- The majority of customers prefer texts to calls.
- Boosts the relationship between you and your customers, by helping them connect with you rather than your rivals.
- Make it seamless for your customers to get in touch with you if they have any concerns they want you to address.
- You can use text tracking tools to monitor and track received text messages to help you checkmate the growth of your business.
- It will enable you to generate more leads, which means a boost in revenue, which will improve your business over time.
- If your landline is text-enabled, you will be able to reach more prospective customers each day.
A simple approach for businesses to engage with their clients is through texting – it is easier for both customers and business owners to fulfill their objectives through it.
What Does Text to Landline Mean?
Text to landline enables text messaging on a landline number. Simply put, it makes receiving text messages on a landline number possible. As a business owner, you can activate your landline numbers for text messaging through the help of a texting service.
Through it, your customers can also reach out to and interact with you – it is a viable avenue for them to forward their complaints and queries while patronizing your business. You might be losing out on texts that your customers might be attempting to send to your landline if your landline does not have text enabled on it.
What is the Difference Between Text-to-Landline Services and a Texting Service?
Texting services that enable texting on your business landline are different from text-to-landline services. Text messages delivered to a landline number are converted into voice recordings with the help of a text-to-landline service because there is no means to read or reply to messages on a landline.
These text-to-landline services will make a voice call to your landline number and voice-deliver your text message through voice. But with a regular texting service, you can use texting tools to receive and send texts once you enable text on your mobile business number.
Texting services provide a dashboard and an SMS inbox so that you can view text messages and reply manually or even automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can My Customers Message Me Through My Landline?
Yes, you can receive texts from your customers (both existing and new) through your landline number if it is text-enabled. It is also a way through which your customers can contact you if they want, or whenever they want to make an inquiry.
Can I Send Texts From My Current Landline?
Yes. Landline business phones can be text-enabled at any time. If you want to start receiving text messages from your existing landline number, simply enable text on it by contacting a texting service.
What Will Happen To My Current Voice Service If I Enable Text On My Landline?
Generally speaking, adding texting capabilities to an active landline number has no impact on voice service. You can receive calls normally alongside texts that come in the form of voice recordings through the help of a text-to-landline service.
Do I Need To Buy Any Software Before I Can Receive Text Through My Landline Number?
Your landline number can be text-enabled without you buying any extra device or software. Simply contact a professional texting service that can do that.
This article has explained in detail the steps to take if you want to receive text messages on your landline. To do that, simply enable texting on the landline number and find a text-to-landline service that will call and read out text messages to you once they are sent.